Cooking Time – 20 Mins
Servings – makes about 15-16 mini croissants
Nutella has been a household name since I can remember and it’s one of the most delicious things on earth. Nutella has become a staple in many people’s homes in America and in Europe and it’s not hard to understand why…you take one bite (or lick) and you can’t stop. According to Nutella statistics, a jar is sold every 2.5 seconds! That’s a lot of Nutella…I mean there’s a baby born every 8 seconds (according to the U.S. Census, yes I looked it up) so I guess we are eating more Nutella than giving birth. These mini filled Nutella croissants are the perfect treat to eat any time of day, whether it be for breakfast with your your tea/coffee or an after dinner treat.
1) Includes only 3 ingredients! You probably have at least one ingredient already in your kitchen. (I bet you can check one of these off your list)
- Egg yolk
- Pastry Sheet
2) IT’S DELICIOUS! You take one taste of Nutella and you can’t help but be hooked. Imagine that goodness in a delicate soft croissant. OMG, makes my mouth water like Homer Simpson thinking about it.
3) IT’S A MINI DESSERT so you can indulge without giving up all the calories. If you’re like me and you strive to eat a healthy diet but you just have to have that sweetness at the end of your dinner then these are the perfect treat.
Now open that tub of Nutella I know you have one in your pantry jar.
Click here for the full tutorial.
- One (8oz) ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- Nutella (½ cup)
- (1) Egg yolk to glaze your pastries
1) Thaw out your pastry sheet (about 30-40 minutes, should still be chilled).
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3) Spread a thick layer of Nutella onto your pastry sheet. (Making sure you leave your borders clean. This will help you to close off your croissants. If you have too much Nutella the croissant’s will open…still gooood but not as pretty looking).
4) Cut the pastry sheet into 12-16 pieces.
5) Roll each piece, starting at a long edge to form a mini-croissant.
6) Brush with egg yolk for that extra flaky topping
7) Bake for 18-20 minutes.
P.S. I used these cool baking mats that I mentioned in the video that work amazing. You will never have to buy parchment paper again.