Banzai!! Just kidding. Banza is an awesome pasta replacement made of chickpeas. You can find it at Target or online. It’s an amazing swap for all your pasta recipes…the pasta-bilities are endless…
Here are some of the additional nutritional health benefits it offers. Below is a delicious filling recipe that will satisfy your satiety for hours using Banza. Enjoy!
- 12 oz grated chicken
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 grated sweet potato
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup chopped kale
- 28 oz of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper & salt
- 6 mini chopped belle peppers
- ½ cup chives or green onions
- 1 ½ cup crushed tortilla chips
- (1) 8 oz box of Banza (or pasta if you don’t have Banza)
- (1) 8.5 oz of brown rice
- (1) 10 oz can of enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and get a pot of boiling water for your banza (or pasta)
- Saute chopped belle peppers, white onion, green onions and chicken over a medium flame.
- Next, mince one chipotle pepper and add to pan along with 28 oz of crushed tomatoes. Combine mixture with veggies and tomato sauce until well combined.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Let the sauce and veggies simmer over a medium flame for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop ½ cup of kale and cook your Banza or pasta.
- In a separate bowl grate your sweet potato, add ½ cup of chives and 1 cup of cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Time for the grand finally – in a foiled pan begin the enchilada layering.
First layer – Add Banza noodles and brown rice
Second, add your chicken, tomato veggie mixture.
Third, top it off with your sweet potato mixture
Lasly, top it off with some crushed tortilla chips and top it off with cheddar cheese.
- Place into oven for 15 minutes. Serve with some sour cream or plain greek yogurt. Enjoy!