Taking a vacation and want to stay fit?
I’m all about having a good time on vacation but there’s nothing worse than starting back at zero when you come back from a vacation. Here are a few tips to keep you from destroying your entire diet.
There are two tips to taking a good tasting salad to another level of GREATNESS:
Here I explain on Facebook Live:
1) Organic Lettuce – I am sorry to all you out there that think it doesn’t make a difference but I am here to challenge you on it. Yes, it is a bit more expensive but honestly it will put your taste buds in a happy dance every time that crisp lettuce enters your mouth.
2) Rinse, spin and dry – invest in a salad spinner if you do not own one yet. There is nothing worse than heavy, wet, sloppy lettuce. (enuff said)
This salad is NUTRIENT PACKED
You can feel real good about eating this salad. Food is fuel to our bodies and we sometimes can forget that we eat to live and not live to eat (one of my favorite mantras btw). Some of the main ingredients are power packed with goodness.
Red cabbage – when is the last time you ate red cabbage (aka Purple cabbage)? Well, the color of the cabbage in itself screams superfood. The rich red anthocyanin polyphenols provides anti-cancer benefits. It’s also packed with Vitamin C and K.
Almonds – They are among the healthiest of tree nuts. Why? They are rich in vitamin E, calcium, magnesium (mineral that helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and the heart rhythm steady) and potassium.
There are two reasons that make this salad scrumpdeliocious
1) This salad contains 3 different greens that brings different textures to your palette. You’ve got the purple cabbage, Bok Choy and romaine lettuce.
2) This salad also has a topping that will make you forget you are eating a salad. The topping includes plain ramen noodles, slivered almonds and toasted sesame seeds! It’s the crunchiest salad you will ever eat.
(click here for full tutorial video):
READY TO SERVE:
8. Remove the paper towel from your lettuce. Toss and mix bok choy, lettuce and
cabbage, green onions, almonds, and chow mein noodles in a salad bowl. Toss
with dressing, and serve.
If you are preparing this dish ahead of time do not mix the ramen topping and dressing until you are ready to serve. The salad will become soggy otherwise.