Most recent articles
Welcome to Superfood Volume II – How to make Mizeria…let the magic begin!
Cucumbers are my FAVORITE magical vegetable and I say magical because it is a SUPERFOOD that provides so many healthy benefits. It is a super easy salad recipe that can accompany any lunch or dinner meal. Since cucumbers are 95% made of water and contain a load of vitamins such as vitamin A,C and K they offer a bunch of health benefits. I discuss them on the broadcast, check it out below.
Here are the top 5 reasons to add cucumber to your meal tonight!
- Helps prevent Kidney Stones
- Diminishes Toxins
- Promotes Digestion
- Promotes the Fight Against Cancer
- Remineralizes the Skin
- 5 mini cucumber washed and trimmed
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup greek non fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
For the Cucumbers
1) Cut and slice into thin pieces.
2) Place cucumbers into strainer and salt liberally to remove any liquid from the cucumbers.
3) Then place cucumbers onto paper towel and allow 5 minutes for the liquid to rise from the cucumbers. Then pat dry. This will provide a crispier taste!
To make the dressing:
4) In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, yogurt, sugar, vinegar, and dill until well blended.
To assemble the salad:
5) Pat cucumbers dry and place in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss with the cucumber slices. Season to taste with salt. Chill until very cold and sprinkle with additional dill, if desired, before serving.